I am honored to be the first to share with you on the new CASH blog, and I am diving in deep with everyone’s favorite topic: DEBT.
A recent study found that 8 out of 10 Americans have debt. While mortgages are the most common liability, credit cards and student loans are close behind. As a fellow indebted American, I know I am not the only one seeking the quickest way to become financially free. As a trained credit counselor, I know there is a way to do so!
In his article 5 Money Principles You Need to Know, Jim Rohn provides the following financial principles to deal with the issue of debt:
- Develop the right mindset: Get out and stay out!
- Gain more understanding: Find out exactly where you are and determine where you want to go.
- Seek help: Get someone in your corner to help you move forward – a friend, a financial advisor, a CASH Program Coordinator!
- Get control: Take responsibility, decide what is important, and implement self-discipline.
- Create a plan: Set realistic goals with specific strategies and tasks and stick to it!
When these principles are applied, you are able to gain control of your money and reach and/or restore balance in your life. Read the full article here.
That is all for today folks! Please come back on Thursday, August 4th, to see what Diane has to share. You will not want to miss it!